Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Legal Expense & Rent Guarantee Cover

Absolutely not you are free to choose any licensed Referencing Service you wish to obtain any reference’s for the tenants or the guarantor.

You may well find that in most cases your letting agent will do this as part of their service before any tenancy agreement starts.

All Rent Guarantee Insurance policies require a satisfactory reference on the tenant or guarantor, ours must include:

  • Written references from a previous managing agent or landlord(if applicable).
  • An employer(or other financial source).
  • Rental sufficiency test.
  • A credit check which includes the Enforcement of Judgements Office, County Court Judgements and bankruptcy.

Although this may be the case with certain other insurers with Just Landlords the answer is a definite NO. Our policy has no maximum timescales it will cover you for rent arrears up to £50,000 until possession of your property has been gained - even if this takes longer than 6 months.

For cover to be effective all references taken must be satisfactory. Therefore if the tenant’s references are not satisfactory there will need to be a guarantor who’s reference’s are satisfactory.

The policy will provide full details of the cover for each section covered. But in general the rent must be in arrears by only one calendar month for you to be able to initiate a claim.

Ideally cover should be taken out on or before the start or renewal of any tenancy although we do not have a qualifying period.

Yes, you should take a deposit equal to at least one months rent. However your policy will have no excess to pay.

No, we do not charge an excess when you claim, therefore your claim will be met in full.

Absolutely not, we very much appreciate that rent should be paid to you each month, especially as you may have your own financial needs to meet. Therefore during the claim process we will pay you your rent arrears on a monthly basis in line with your tenancy agreement.

The cover provided is specific to the property where the tenancy agreement is in force. If you wish to cover more than one property then a policy must be issued for each property separately.

Cover is provided instantly, simply complete the online application and you are covered from the moment your payment is processed. The online application process will take no longer than a few minutes. You will then be sent your full policy documents electronically and securely to your email address. Of course, you can also telephone us to arrange instant cover as well.

Absolutely, in fact Just Landlords is a market leader in this field and provides the widest cover available for Landlords.