By London estate agent Portico
A survey we conducted recently showed that 90% of landlords would consider using Airbnb to short-let their property. The combination of doing short-lets through Airbnb and long-lets through an established estate agent has many benefits for landlords. So, if you’re doing your research and want to find out more before you decide, read on for our top five benefits of Airbnb for landlords:
- With not just a local but a global audience on Airbnb, you’ve got guaranteed eyeballs on your property for short-letting it easily, quickly and at short notice.
- In between long-lets, it’s nice that your property isn’t sitting empty, just in case any problems with the property arise. You can also have peace of mind that your property is being looked after by suitable guests and tenants. With guest verification on Airbnb and references on estate agency long-lets, you’re secure in the knowledge that your property is in safe hands.
- As a landlord, if you’re unsure of your next move, there’s no rush to decide whether you want a long-term tenant or to move back into the property. Why not use Airbnb to short-let it until you’ve decided if you’re in or out?
- Make sure you’re maximising revenue by avoiding rental voids and having more rental days covered. By combining short-lets and long-term lets, you can make sure you have a more regular revenue stream from your property.
- The biggest benefit is that, by using a local London estate agent such as Portico, you can manage both your short-lets and your long-lets with one reliable partner. Portico offers an established group of lettings agents, as well as a dedicated in-house Portico Host team who offer Airbnb management in London. Leave it to the team and you just have to sit back and collect the rent each month!
If you’re thinking of short-letting your property in London, make sure you’re aware of the rules and regulations, such as the 90-day annual limit, before you commit.
Why not get in touch with the Portico Host team for more information on our packages? We can manage everything from the setup of the property, photography, to professional cleaning and guest communication throughout their stay. For any other Portico enquiries, get in touch on 020 7099 4000.