Fresh for the new year, Just Landlords is pleased to announce that useful information guides are to be provided to anyone taking out a policy with us.
Our first batch of information sheets consist of eight important considerations for buy-to-let landlords:
- Asbestos Awareness-All you need to know on what asbestos is, where it is found and the health hazards associated with the potentially deadly substance. Your legal responsibilities and how to protect yourself and your tenants is also included.
- Assured Shorthold Tenancies-The most common type of tenancy in the UK, our fact sheet gives you information on all features attributed to an AST, such as tenancy deposits, inventories and evictions.
- Boiler Installation–From registered gas safe engineers to compliance with energy efficiency regulations, we give your tips on ensuring your new boiler is installed properly.
- Condensation–What is condensation? How can you prevent mould? Is there a best way to control the humidity of your property? Our guide will tell you.
- Fire Safety-You have a major responsibility as a landlord around fire safety. These include regulations covering smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, gas and electrical products. What’s more, you are bound under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to conduct fire risk assessments. Don’t worry, we’ll tell you all you need to know!
- Gas Safety-There are many duties around Gas Safety to which you must comply. For example, did you know that you must carry out a gas safety check on every gas appliance and flue at least once per year? Or that you must provide your tenant with a record of this check within 28 days?
- Right to Rent Scheme-On the 1st February 2016, the Right to Rent scheme came into force. Our guide will inform you on what you must do, any exemption to the law and how to properly conduct your checks. What’s more, we will help you stay on the right side of the law!
- Tenancy Deposits- As a landlord, it is very important to understand the law regarding tenancy deposits. We’ll give you information on the three government- approved schemes and how to properly protect your tenants’ money. We will also give you full information on Section 21 and Section 8 notices.
Look out for our fact sheets, appearing online and through the post to you soon!