Spring has sprung (apparently) and with the busy Easter period fast approaching, now is a great time to make sure you rental property is blooming!
Follow these five tips to make sure your investment shines into the new season and beyond!
- Don’t let time pass by-Spring is the month where traditionally, people look at moving to a new property. With this in mind, a lot of tenancies will be reaching a conclusion in the coming weeks. This therefore is the perfect time for you to give your accommodation a spring clean. Carry out internal and external maintenance jobs now to make sure your next tenants see your investment at it’s best.
- Utilise flower power-If your buy-to-let investment has a garden, then now is the time to start making sure it looks as inviting as you can. Tidy borders, plants and potting baskets all make a great first impression. Make sure you get rid of any weeds and check features such as fencing and gates.
- Spring into work- Making sure maintenance duties are carried out to a high standard and on a regular basis is something that should be done throughout the tenancy. However, make the most of the lighter evenings by carrying out essential work and make your property stand out.
- Let there be light-On top of keeping your property clean, try to keep it full of light. Clean windows and wash doors and let as much air and natural light into the property as you can. Use air fresheners and use bleach on sinks and in the bathroom. This not only will make sure your property is germ free but as light, bright and fresh as it can be!
- Ask the professionals-Don’t be afraid to ask professional developers or interior designers to assist in helping you give your property as much character and charm as possible. Aim to create the same wow factor as a show home. If you haven’t got time to carry out essential maintenance work, then get help. Call on a gardener to cut the grass and sort out the outside area. Professional cleaners can give your property a full once-over, leaving you free to sort out the nice things!