A new survey has revealed what tenants’ top priorities are when looking for a rental property.
If you are a buy-to-let landlord, take a note of these top features to keep your tenants happy!
Santander questioned 4,750 adults to see what their biggest desires were when searching for somewhere in the private rental sector.
The survey revealed that:
- 70% of tenants want to live in the catchment area of an excellent school
- 18% will pay higher rents to secure their preferred address
- 69% want to be close to family and friends
- 50% wish to live in rental accommodation near to their place of work
- 38% desire an area with low crime rate
- 33% said closeness to a child’s park was imperative
- 30% want good proximity to shops and amenities
Education, Education, Education
It is unsurprising to learn that being in close proximity to a good school is top of landlords’ list. If you are in the market for a rental investment, make search you research the local area for features such as schools and local amenities.
Choosing a target market is also vitally important. A couple with young children for example are much more likely to choose a property in the catchment area of a quality school, whereas young professionals would appreciate bars and restaurants in close proximity.
Make sure you are clear on how the local area can appeal to your would-be tenants and include what you think they may find appealing in the initial property marketing. School league tables are constantly changing, so if you are looking for a young family, do your research accordingly.
The easiest part of the process will be taking out landlords insurance with Just Landlords. We offer policies that will suit your needs, to let you choose the perfect investment and suitable tenants.