Pay by interest-free Direct Debit over 12 months - Learn More
What is UK holiday/second home insurance?
Holiday home insurance provides cover for risks that may not be included in a standard home insurance policy. Our policy is specifically for those located in the UK.
Your property may see lengthy periods where it sits empty if it is mostly used during the holiday season. This can be the case whether you use the property yourself or let it to holidaymakers. You may find a specialist policy more suitable for your property’s needs.
Our cover can also be suitable for your home when it is empty for certain periods whilst you are living or working away. You can get in touch with our team to discuss this further.
We have designed our policy to provide cover against a host of perils as standard:
- Fire, lightning, earthquake or explosion
- Storm, flood or weight of snow
- Escape of water from any fixed appliance, pipe or tank
- Escape of oil from any fixed appliance, pipe or tank
- Theft or attempted theft
- Malicious damage or terrorism
- Malicious damage caused by holiday let tenants
- Collision with the property by aircraft, animals or vehicles
- Falling trees or branches, lampposts or telegraph poles
- Breakage or collapse of satellite television receiving equipment or television and radio aerials
- Subsidence, landslip or heave of the site on which the buildings stand
- Theft or attempted theft by tenants
- Nest removal
- Underground services
- Loss of rent or the cost of alternative accommodation
- Trace and access
- Additional expenses
- Replacement locks
- Landscaped gardens
- Fire extinguisher expenses
- Unauthorised use of service
- Emergency access expenses
- Closed circuit television systems
- Fly tipping
- Buyers benefit
- Index linking
- Accidental damage to the buildings
Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see our policy wording for a full list of covers, including additional cover provided as standard.
Here are some of our frequently asked questions:
Like with any empty property, a holiday home might attract burglars if it becomes apparent no one has visited for a while. Taking steps to make the property appear in use might help you to avoid such issues. Take a look at our guide for some tips that may help.
You can fill out our claims form by visiting our dedicated page. You can either submit the form online or download and print a copy to send to our Claims Department through the post.