Multiple Property Insurance

Multi-Property Landlord Insurance

Cover for multiple properties all on one policy

What is multi property insurance?

Landlords and property investors who own multiple properties can require insurance that’s suitable for a variety of needs. Multiple property insurance can provide one policy for all properties. Having multiple properties covered under one policy can help policyholders to stay on top of renewals and avoid accidental lapses.

Our multiple property insurance

If you have more than one home in need of cover, you may want a multiple property insurance policy. Some insurance providers, such as ourselves, can cover properties used in a variety of ways. This can include private lets, holiday homes, holiday lets, and second homes. We can also cover unoccupied properties on the same policy.

You can use our online quote form to get a quote for multiple properties on one policy. When filling out the ‘Property details’ step of our form, answer ‘Do you want to add another property on this quote?’ with ‘yes’ to proceed to the ‘additional property details’ step.

Do I need a multiple property policy?

It is possible to have separate policies for each home you own, but you may find it easier to manage cover when it’s all on one policy. We aim to help landlords and property investors by simplifying the process of finding cover with our multiple insurance option.

Can I remove or add a property after taking out a policy?

Yes, you can do this by submitting a request using our Amend a Policy form. If we need further information, a member of our team will get in touch. We will notify you once your policy has been updated.

What our customers say

We invite all customers to leave feedback on Trustpilot. Overall, we are rated ‘Excellent*’. Read our reviews on Trustpilot.

*Correct as at December 2022.

Our frequently asked questions

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.

How do I cover multiple properties on one policy?

You can fill in our online quote form to obtain a quote for multiple properties. When you get to the ‘Property details’ step, select ‘yes’ for the question ‘Do you want to add another property on this quote?’. You will then proceed to the ‘additional property details’ step once the rest of the page has been filled in and you click the ‘next’ button.

What if I have different property types?

We can cover a range of property types, including bungalows, flats, terraced, semi-detached, and detached houses. They can be used as holiday homes, holiday lets, second homes, residential lets, or unoccupied.

What if I have different tenant types?

We aim to provide quotes for properties let to any tenant type. We can provide cover for homes let to students, those receiving benefits, asylum seekers, or working/retired tenants. If you’re unsure, either fill in our quote form or get in touch with our team via LiveChat, and we’d be happy to check for you.

What happens if my quote goes to referral?

When you fill in our quote form, certain information you provide may require your quote request to be referred to our in-house underwriting team. This is so they can take a closer look at the cover you require to ensure our policy can provide suitable cover for your needs before offering a quote. We aim to respond to you via email by the end of the next working day.

Can I update my policy partway through the period of cover?

With our policies, mid-term adjustments are possible. If anything about the properties on your policy changes, you can use our Amend a Policy form. Here, you can do the following:

  • Add a property to your policy
  • Change the tenant type of an insurance property
  • Notify us that a property is now unoccupied
  • Remove a property from your policy
  • Increase or decrease the sum insured for a property

Any other amendments you have can also be requested by typing out as much information as possible on our form. We will review your amendment or notification request and contact you should we have any questions or require more information.

You should note that in all instances any amendments will only take effect from the time and date we have reviewed and accepted your amendment and/or notification request and you have accepted any additional premium that may become due to be paid. We will notify you of any additional premium when we contact you.

How can I make a claim for one of the properties covered by multi property insurance?

If you need to make a claim for any of the properties included in your insurance policy, you can visit our How to Make a Claim page. Here, you will find information on how to fill in a claim form and who to contact. We have an in-house claims team to help you through this process.

What if one or more of my properties become unoccupied?

If any of your properties that are insured by us become unoccupied, get in touch to let us know. You can do this via the Amend a Policy form on our website. We may be able to adjust your policy so that the property in question is covered under our Unoccupied Property Insurance instead.

Can I adjust my policy if I sell a property?

If you no longer own a property insured by us, you can let us know that you wish to remove the property from your policy. Your multiple property insurance will be adjusted to reflect that the property in question is no longer covered by us. You will get confirmation of this change via email.

Looking for suitable property insurance?

We can provide cover for the following:

Resource centre

Other links

  • Gallagher – Just Landlords is a trading name of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited. Part of the Arthur J. Gallagher & Co group of companies.