Unoccupied Property Insurance

Designed to provide tailored cover for your peace of mind
Get a Quote Retrieve a Quote

Owning a property that is unoccupied has its problems, there are many worries and issues associated with it and one of those is finding an adequate Unoccupied Property Insurance policy that provides the correct level of cover.

Home Insurance will not cover damage to your property when you do not live there, in fact, most home insurers do not cover property whilst unoccupied and as such, your policy would become invalid if you do not live there.

At Just Landlords we have the solution to this and offer cover for properties which are unoccupied.

In fact, our Unoccupied Property Insurance will cater for a whole host of scenarios which include but are not necessarily limited to:

Properties which are in between tenants or awaiting tenants
Properties which are undergoing work or renovations
Properties where work or renovations are waiting to commence
Properties which are being redecorated
Properties where the owner has moved into a nursing home
Properties where the owner is in hospital
Probate where the owner is deceased
Owner living or working abroad
Owner waiting to move into the house or flat

We offer 2 distinct levels of cover for you to choose from:

Restricted Cover:  

This is where you request to restrict cover to Fire, Lightning, Earthquake, Explosion and Property Owners Liability only.

Full Cover:  

This is where you benefit from the full range of insured perils available in our Unoccupied property policy wording.

Cover can be amended at a later date(subject to our underwriting criteria at the time) to a landlord insurance or holiday home policy.